When I first heard about BROWNIES made with black beans, I was confused… I figured someone who enjoys “crunchy” food created this and it would taste like beans with chocolate mixed in –> Gross. Then I kept seeing the recipe constantly popping up on almost every health + foodie website and decided to try this recipe out and see what happens. I was totally surprised. THEY ARE GOOD!
- 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 C flour (whole wheat flour, oat flour, I used coconut flour for my GF version)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 packets of stevia
- 1/4 C maple syrup (you can use honey as well, but I was out)
- 2 T. peanut butter/almond butter (I don’t like nut butters, so I didn’t add this)
- 1 t. baking powder
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- chocolate chips/nuts optional to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in food processor (or Vitamix, like I did). This creates a very thick batter.
- Coat muffin tin with coconut oil so brownies don’t stick.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin until cups are 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips/nuts on top
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until muffins are cooked through