- 1 – 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (I use stone ground, organic, whole wheat flour)
- 2 Cage-Free Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Wheat germ
In a medium bowl, mix eggs with oil and almond milk.
Stir in baking soda, wheat germ, and flour; mix until blended.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat.
Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, brown on both sides turning once.3 Pancakes = 210 Calories, 9g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 24g Carb, 4g Fiber, 8g Protein
Nut Butter – Banana bar
- 1/2 medium size Banana
- 1/4 Cup Chunky Peanut Butter OR Almond butter <- Organic
- 1 Cup unsweetened granola
- Wax Paper
Mix and mash ingredients in the bowl.
Spoon on to a sheet of wax paper, roll up contents into cigar/hot dog shape, set in freezer for about 90 minutes.
Cut in half, eat frozen or throw into the microwave for 10 seconds.1/2 bar = 180 Calories, 11g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 17g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 6g Protein
Stir-Fried Udon Noodles w/ Bok Choy
- 1 8oz. package Udon noodles, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh peeled Ginger
- 1/8 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 medium Carrot, cut into matchstick pieces (1/2 Cup)
- 1 8oz. Package asian flavored Tofu, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 medium head Bok Choy, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
Cook Udon noodles according to package directions, drain.
Heat oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in skillet or wok 1 minute over medium heat. Add carrot and stir-fry 2 minutes.
Add tofu and stir-fry 1 minute, Add bok choy, and stir-fry 5 minutes, or until greens wilt.
Fold Udon noodles and soy sauce and cook an additional 3 minutes, sprinkle with lime juice.
Serve hot or cold.1-1/2 Cup = 220 Calories, 11g Fat, 1.5g Saturated Fat, 22g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 11g protein.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 2 1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha (or to taste)
For the Shrimp:
- 40 large (12.8 oz) raw shrimp, shelled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- fresh cracked pepper
- oil spray
Combine the mayo, scallions, sweet chili sauce and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Setaside.
Soak wooden skewers in water at least 20 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step). Season shrimp lightly pepper. Place 5 shrimp on 8 skewers.
Heat a clean, lightly oiled grill to medium heat, when the grill is hot add the shrimp, careful not to burn the skewers. Grill on both sides for about 6 – 8 minutes total cooking time or until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through..
Set shrimp aside on a platter and quickly brush sauce onto the shrimp; serve immediately.
Serving Size: 2 skewers • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 140 • Fat: 4.7 g • Protein: 18.5 g • Carb: 4.2 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Sugar: 2.8 g
Sodium: 266.9 mg